Facility Technician I
Posted on: November 22, 2021
US0025 Sysco Albany, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
This is an Operations position responsible for assisting facility
technician II & III with maintenance activities associated with
general maintenance and repair of the facility, automatic retrieval
systems, dock equipment, minor repair of electrical devices, light
plumbing, fleet shop, and security.
- Demonstrate an understanding and adherence to all work safety
policies, procedures, and governing requirements
- Learn/gain knowledge of controls and electric (high and low
- Learn/complete small electrical repairs and welding projects as
- Learn/gain knowledge of refrigeration operator I
- Completes all special projects associated with building or
grounds, as requested. Includes but not limited to moving furniture
- Changing lights
- Completing basic maintenance and repair needs to ensure the
timely completion of all maintenance needs.
- Maintains facility assets through scheduled preventative
maintenance and repair activities which includes but not limited to
roof inspections and minor repairs
- Concrete and asphalt paving inspections and minor repairs
- Concrete industrial wear-slab inspections and minor repairs
including joint cleaning, routing, and filling
- Product racking inspections and minor repairs
- Automatic Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS) inspections and
- Dock equipment (IE: Mechanical, electrical, hydraulic pit or
vertical dock levelers; manual or electric dock doors; manual,
electric, or hydraulic truck restraints; dock seals or shelters),
inspections and repairs
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Responsible for logging time and materials into the
computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) on a daily basis
in the form of work orders, P.M.s, etc.
- Assist Facility II or III with ePSM inspections and logs
- Participate in departmental on-call program, as designated
- Process work requests and turn in completed work requests in a
timely and professional manner
- Maintain all tools and equipment in clean, safe, working
- Adhere to all safety requirements and wear the proper Personal
Protective Equipment required by the job
- Respond to emergency situations to ensure employee and facility
- Champion overall safety in the department
- Comply with OSHA, and other local, state and federal
- Adhere to Organization and the Facilities Department policies
and procedures including appropriate attire, grooming, and
- Interact effectively, build relationships, and demonstrate a
high level of cooperation
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Facility maintenance tech school (preferred)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, or
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides into all units
of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Must possess a valid state Driver's License and provide proof
of liability coverage meeting company standards.
- Complete a Sysco approved defensive driving program.
- Obtain a Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from Sysco
within 3 months.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
regularly required to talk or hear.
- The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use
hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and
climb or balance.
- The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch,
- The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid
conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work
in confined spaces.
- The associate works non-traditional business hours including
evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call.
- The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other
Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs
dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.).
- The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious
places and confined spaces.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
Candidates who start work in the months of May, June, July, August
and September 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription
drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire*. Standard
eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits,
including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement
benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit to view
additional benefits information. *Exceptions/exclusions may
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Schenectady , Facility Technician I, Professions , Schenectady, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!