Service Maintenance Technician III
Company: The Community Builders Inc
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Service Maintenance Technician III About The Community Builders
Join a growing organization that is strengthening neighborhoods
across the nation! The Community Builders, Inc. (TCB) is one of
America's leading nonprofit real estate developers and owners. Our
mission is to build and sustain strong communities where people of
all incomes can achieve their full potential. Position Description:
Under the direction of the Service Maintenance Manager, the Tech
III participates in the upkeep of all the physical operations of
the community, preservation and maintenance of the asset,
preparation of market ready homes and providing ongoing service to
the residents. The Tech III must possess significant trade skills
to handle a variety of apartment interior, exterior and facility
deficiencies and experience working with customers. A primary role
of the Tech III is to foster a collaborative, positive work
environment and deliver a quality living environment for all
residents. Essential Functions:
- Timely and precise completion of work order requests.
- Provide preventive maintenance for all buildings' systems,
equipment and components.
- Prepare for REAC inspections and agency audits.
- Continually inspect the property to improve curb appeal, be
aware and report any maintenance or safety issues.
- Monitor financial controls (i.e., purchase orders, turn costs,
withdrawal requests, bids & contracts.)
- Prepare vacant units to be market ready within company
- Know the location of all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and
fixture cut-offs, sewer cleanouts.
- Responsible for addressing the following types of work orders
on a regular basis:
- o Diagnosis, repair and replacement of appliances.
- o Plumbing repairs and replacement of fixtures, faucets,
valves, pumps, garbage disposal and toilets.
- o Exterior building repairs including roofing.
- o Repair or replace light fixtures, wall outlets, GFIs and
other electrical work.
- o Diagnosis of boilers, water heaters, HVAC repair or
replacement including filters, belts, thermostats.
- o Analysis of cause of leaks and full repair &
- o Upkeep of grounds of community, including snow removal.
- Available for 24-hour emergencies and after hours on call.
- Other duties that arise may be assigned. Knowledge, Skills and
- Accurate verbal and written communication skills required
- Knowledge of Federal Fair Housing Laws & Guidelines a plus
- Excellent Customer Service skills required
- Bilingual a plus
- Knowledge of all hand and power tools, cleaning supplies, and
- Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation. Education &
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Some trade school
desired or 7 years of progressive responsibility in property
management, hospitality or retail experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years of advanced hands-on repair experience at
Technician III level in one or more building trades
- Industry-Trade certifications/Degrees (NAHMS, CAMT, OSHA, HVAC,
ETC) preferred The Community Builders is committed to ensuring
diversity and equal opportunity in its workplace.
Keywords: The Community Builders Inc, Schenectady , Service Maintenance Technician III, Professions , Schenectady, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!