Recreational Therapist, Full Time - Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital
Company: St. Peter's Health Partners
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Employment Type:Full timeShift:Day ShiftDescription:Sunnyview
Rehabilitation Hospital is a state of the art acute rehabilitation
hospital located in Schenectady, NY and a member of St. Peter's
Health Partners.Full-Time Recreational Therapist-Sunnyview Rehab
HospitalSunnyview is seeking a full time recreational therapist to
join its team of dedicated healthcare providers. This is an
exciting opportunity to join a highly respected and nationally
recognized team of caregivers. Enjoy excellent colleagues, strong
system support in a rewarding environment.What you will do:Our
Recreation Therapists will employ leisure activities to help
patients engage and improve their minds, body and spirits, through
the use of games, sports, and craft. They are responsible for
assessing, planning and implementing recreational services for
patients as well as for recreational therapy group work. May be
assigned a small caseload.Responsibilities:
- Provide leisure counseling to individuals with spinal cord
injuries, brain injury, amputees, stroke, cardiopulmonary and
- Direct patient care including evaluation, formulation of plan
of care, and treatment appropriate to age specific programs based
on the cognitive, physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and
social well-being needs of the patient.
- Assist Lead Recreation Therapist in the planning and
facilitation of outpatient adaptive experiences and support groups
including golf, fishing, rock-climbing, art classes, kayaking,
weekly post stroke group and virtual engagement programs.
- Provide leisure resources and supplies to patients and families
inpatient while providing excellent bedside manner and efficient
- Function as a part of the multidisciplinary team through
attendance of weekly patient round reports, co-treatments with
various disciplines and continued communication regarding patient
needs and rehabilitative progress.
- Assist Lead Therapist in the implementation of materials to
promote inpatient and outpatient programs offered including
promotional clinic flyers and monthly activity calendars.
- Complete projects and special assignments by establishing
objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining
cooperation of others, monitoring progress, problem-solving,
adjusting plans and adaptations.Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in a field related to therapeutic
- Two years' experience working with recreational programs
- Holds current CTRS certification through the National Council
for Therapeutic Recreation Certification, or eligible to sit for
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills when in
contact with physicians, patients, families, and hospital
- Moderate work (lifting 15-30 pounds).
- Excellent clinical skills in diverse treatment approaches.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain and organized work
environment and department procedures in a productive manner.
- Demonstrates advanced and spontaneous problem-solving
skills.Our Commitment to Diversity and InclusionTrinity Health is a
family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and
clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations,
our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs,
values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of
the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to
produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us
has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that
these differences often lead to innovative solutions.Our dedication
to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and
education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and
accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier
Keywords: St. Peter's Health Partners, Schenectady , Recreational Therapist, Full Time - Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital, Other , Schenectady, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!