Resident Occupancy Specialist
Company: The Community Builders
Posted on: September 12, 2022
About The Community Builders, Inc.Join a growing organization
that is strengthening neighborhoods across the nation! The
Community Builders, Inc. (TCB) is one of America's leading
nonprofit real estate developers and owners. Our mission is to
build and sustain strong communities where people of all incomes
can achieve their full potential.
Position Description:The Resident Specialist will have
responsibility for providing a superior level of customer service
to the residents, guests and team members at the property site.
This role is responsible for showing and leasing apartments,
assisting in the moving process and providing administrative
support to the Community and/or Services Maintenance Manager for a
variety of property related tasks. She/he will adhere to the
company's Mission Statement and ensure the site is in compliance
with all regulatory requirements. Candidates with experience in
Section 8 housing and LIHTC are preferred.
- Answer or return all calls promptly and with the highest level
of customer service.
- Schedule appointments and conduct in-person visits as
- Listen to resident requests, concerns and comments, refer them
- Develop relationships with residents to understand their needs
and aspirations and develop trust.
- Initiate Maintenance Service Requests promptly and follow up
with residents to ensure completion of service.
- Greet prospective tenants and show the property and its
features in accordance with established procedures.
- Process applications for approval and follow up with
- Pre-qualify prospects in accordance with the company procedures
and housing requirements
- Conduct service inspections with the Service Management team to
ensure apts. are in move-in condition.
- Facilitate and attend community engagement activities with
residents, as directed by the Community Manager.
- Manage rental payment process.
- Prepare recertification and lease renewals, and enter data into
- Contribute to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on
- Conduct market surveys and shop competitive communities.
- General clerical duties: photocopying, faxing, mailing and
filing, sign for and distribute packages.
- Track and ensure timely delivery of resident notices.
- Coordinate and maintain records for staff office, phones,
parking and office keys.
- Code and process invoices and research discrepancies as
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent Customer Service, verbal and written communication
(English language) skills
- Ability to type at least 35 wpm
- Demonstrated ability to learn and operate office systems
including telephone, copier and computer systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and MS
Education & Experience:
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Customer service experience in Property/Hotel/Retail, Sales 1+
- Experience and proficiency of Microsoft Office
- Industry software such as Yardi a plus
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer contributions to Health Savings Accounts
- Company paid Life & Disability Insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- Tax-advantage accounts: commuter/parking, medical & dependent
- Hospital & Critical Illness Insurance
- Confidential, 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- 12 Paid Holidays & tenure-based PTO accruals
The Community Builders, Inc. is committed to ensuring diversity in
its workplace, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly
encouraged to apply.In addition, TCB has implemented a vaccine
mandate which requires all staff to be fully vaccinated or be
approved for a religious/medical exemption.
Keywords: The Community Builders, Schenectady , Resident Occupancy Specialist, Other , Schenectady, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!