Posted on: January 15, 2022
DescriptionJob Description:The Leidos Defense Group may have an
opening for a Multi-Media Designer (MMD) with broad-based computer
skills to support Navy training programs. In this project we
transform curricula designed by instructional experts, experienced
maritime power plant technicians and subject matter experts into
computer-based training (CBT) modules used in the Navy's self-paced
training program.Primary Responsibilities
- Candidate will be a member of a multi-disciplinary team
consisting of Navy and contractor maritime power plant subject
matter experts, instructional system designers, and multi-media
designers working in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Assists with the design and programming of interactive
multimedia applications for web-based delivery.
- Candidate must be a motivated self-starter who is able to
multi-task and work within deadlines, and must be able to smoothly
transition between various projects to solve technical issues.
- Must have excellent communication skills, the ability to work
with Maritime Power Plant Training Specialists, Instructional
Systems Designers, other MMDs, and Subject Matter Experts.
- Provide accurate task completion estimates, and develop
applications using storyboards. Responsible for applying adult
learning theory to the creation of e-Learning and blended learning
- Assist in the research, selection, and modification of existing
training content to meet learning needs.
- Converting instructor led content to e-Learning solutions, when
- Supports training team administrative functions, as assigned,
including: manipulation of portal content and integrity of training
- Must work with Prime Contractor and Navy subject matter experts
to assist in training curriculum development and
- Associate's degree with five (5) years of professional
experience or equivalent combined education/experience.
- Experience in developing multimedia training products for use
in web based environments.
- Hands-on experience with computer animation (including audio)
and an on-line portfolio which demonstrates those skills available
for Leidos and customer review.
- Experience in the development of interactive training
applications object oriented programming.
HTML (including HTML5), 3ds Max, CSS, XML.
- Experience with troubleshooting techniques for software and
multimedia development environments.
- Must have active or current final US Secret security clearance
before starting work. We strongly prefer candidates with active or
current clearances but will consider opening background
investigations for outstanding candidates whose clearance statuses
are listed as inactive at this time.Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and 1 year relevant experience or equivalent
education and experience or Associate's degree with 3 years of
- Experience developing animation timelines and ability to
describe the animation timeline process.
- Experience using Adobe products such as Photoshop, Illustrator,
Dreamweaver, Animate, Media Encoder, and InDesign.
- Experience in building eLearning strategies to support program
- Experience / familiarity with the following is a plus:
- SQL, Visual Basic.
- Developing Databases using Microsoft Access.
- Work with Learning Content Management Systems and Learning
Management Systems including the use of SCORM, Tin Can, Section 508
and other industry standards.
- Proficient in the storyboarding of training products including
sequencing and interactivity specifications.
- Use of Premier.
- Familiarity or experience with any Armed Forces technical
training programs is a plus.
- Capable of serving as a member of a multi-disciplinary virtual
team at geographically dispersed locations.
- Active or current U.S. DoE L or Q clearance is a plus.External
Referral EligiblePay Range:
Keywords: Leidos, Schenectady , Multimedia Designer, Other , Schenectady, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!