Digital Services Operations Leader
Company: General Electric
Posted on: June 5, 2021
Job Description Summary
The Field Services Operations Leader is an exciting role within
the North America Operations Team. It's primary focus is to drive
best in class standards throughout our field execution teams. The
right candidate will be leading cross-functional teams to identify
and implement these best in class solutions in a timely and
Roles and Responsibilities
As the Regional Operations Leader, you will:
- Be responsible for sharing best practices throughout the North
American Service Region.
- Identify and eliminate waste via 5S and Kaizen projects among
field service sites.
- Work to assist in the deployment of GE Digital Tools to various
- Support field sites in solving complex problems around LD's or
- Be involved in discussions with multiple functions and teams
about improvement in processes, procedures and ways of
- Work on cross functional and diverse teams to identify and
solve the businesses strategic initiatives as related to continuous
- Present to senior leaders (Executive Band and Senior Executive
Band) in specific technical space.
- Help drive consistency across the entire North America region
via uniform methods, transformation play book, and best practices.
Support and mentor new site managers.
- Assist sites during the startup process to ensure long term
- Train and mentor field execution staff to ensure they are
meeting or exceeding business expectations.
- Generate content as related to leading weekly operations
reviews with Site Managers in the region.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college in
Business, Operations Management or Project Management
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Operations or Field
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 75% within region if
- Prior experience in the field of wind energy or related
- Understanding of Lean principles
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Ability to generate reports and analyze data
GE offers a great work environment, professional development,
challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard
to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in
the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is
conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
Keywords: General Electric, Schenectady , Digital Services Operations Leader, Other , Schenectady, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!