Head of Quality & EHS
Company: VON ROLL USA, INC
Posted on: February 22, 2021
- Manage and continuously improve Quality & EHS of a site /
- Ensure the functioning and continuous improvement of the global
integrated management system locally
- Leadership for processes Quality, Environmental, Health &
Safety and Product Safety / Regulatory Affairs locally
- Ensure that Quality & EHS Policies and Guidelines of the Group
and the local transpositions are followed on site
- Ensure that daily activities are in compliance with the
regulations on environment, product safety and health & safety
- Ensure good communication to site management and local
authorities Primary Duties
- Processes: Ensure that established processes are applied. Head
the local process owner teams.
- IMS: Implement, maintain, adjust and develop the Integrated
Management System according to the group standard.
- Propose measures to improve customer satisfaction, processes
- Implement and drive global QEHS improvement programs. Monitor
the action plans and task fulfilment.
- Develop and drive local QEHS improvement programs. Coordinate
all QEHS actions, follow-up on corrective and preventive
- Manage: Implement, manage and follow-up working groups
- NCR: Responsible for the internal and external NCR Process
(Customer NC, Supplier NC, Internal NC) Follow-up of NC, Corrective
Actions, Continuous Improvement Actions
- KPI: Analyse, monitor and report of site performance together
with the site manager on a monthly basis (KPI / Cockpit)
- Risk Management: Identify and monitor the local EHS risk
situation. Monitor the development of recorded risks, develop and
implement action plans. Quarterly analyse and update the risk
situation. Quarterly report the local EHS risk portfolio
- Training & Support: Training and Support on QEHS topics,
Planning of Trainings, Monitoring of Training Status
- Internal Audits & Mgt. Review: Organize and conduct local
Internal Audits, Reviews and Assessments and issue annual
- External Audits: Organize and lead external Audits (Customer
Audit, Supplier Audit, Certification Audit, etc.)
- Budget: Responsibility for the QEHS budget of a site (aligned
with the site management and global QEHS)
- Standards: Contact Person for Standards
- Contacts: Contact to external partners (customers, local
authorities, regulatory agencies, fire brigade, etc.)
- Dangerous Goods: Responsible to manage transport of hazardous
wastes and chemicals outside the site (ADR, IMDG, IATA). Assure
that hazardous waste is properly handled inside the site.
- Direct Leadership: Direct leadership of the Quality & EHS staff
of a site
- Emergency organization: Head the emergency organization of a
- other tasks as needed Minimum Qualifications
- BS Degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Chemical
Engineering, Organizational Leadership, Mechanical or Materials
Engineering or equivalent.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer preferred.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001-2015 standard required.
- 3-5years experience in quality engineering and manufacturing
field, including quality improvement tools and techniques, quality
auditing, root cause analysis and mistake proofing.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience implementing EHS
standards, training and legal compliance.
- Demonstrated experience in leading cultural change across an
organization; experienced in leveraging multiple approaches to
helping people adopt and implement controlled sustained
- Demonstrated experience in leading continuous improvement
activities and programs, leveraging processes, tools and best
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be
considered. Skills & Abilities:
- Cost analysis
- Technical Capacity
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Initiative. Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- The role is mostly office-based but will spend time standing
and walking, bending, reaching, grabbing and climbing on the
production floors and campus.
- While preforming the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly to talk, observe and hear. The employee frequently is
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and
reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This
role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers,
phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Travel may be required Position Requirements Shift Days About
the Organization Von Roll is the global market leader in insulation
products, systems and services, with a long tradition in the
market. Von Roll focuses on products for power production, from
resins and varnishes to magnet wire, mica containing products,
flexible laminate and composites.
Von Roll is the recognized market leader in the fields of
insulation products and systems for the electrical machinery
industry as well as for composite materials and parts for various
industrial applications. In addition, Von Roll also provides
special thermal and fire resistant insulation products to the
cable, electronics and other industries. EOE Statement We are an
equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. This
position is currently accepting applications.
Keywords: VON ROLL USA, INC, Schenectady , Head of Quality & EHS, Other , Schenectady, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!