Full Time Press Operator
Posted on: February 12, 2020
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment
and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad's
state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class
automation and printing technology. Our platform includes digital,
gravure and offset presses that give our clients a full range of
options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by
innovative, interesting days, you'll find hard work is good work,
and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done - something
shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.Position Overview:
-Quad is currently seeking a -experiencedPressman -for our Saratoga
Springs, NY location. -This position will -set-up, operate and
maintain the press and auxiliary equipment related to -the press.
The Pressman will direct the activities of press crew with
-assigned tasks during down time and make-ready periods. - -Job
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Make-ready and operate press based upon written instructions
- Establish and maintain color and/or fold and mechanical quality
to BPC standards.
- Continuously monitor product for quality and approve or
- Direct and coordinate activities of assigned crew members.
- Perform assigned make-ready duties.
- Complete required general maintenance and lubrication
- Complete required documentation, electronic and paper, for
- Perform duties of other Print Service manufacturing positions
as needed, following requisite training.
- Provide training for employees so the crew members can provide
coverage for each other and/or prepare them for future
- Follow all safety policies and regulations, report any
potential hazards, near-misses, or accidents immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Required Qualifications:
- Ability to work irregular schedules, including rotating
- Ability to maintain close attention to detail for extended time
- Strong organizational abilities
- Ability to work overtime as mandated by production needs
- Ability to work independently as well as with a crew/team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Essential Functions of this job include the following: the
ability to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, the ability to lift up
to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours, use hand and wrists
continuously in a controlled movement, receive and follow
instructions and use vision -in order to identify defects.
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts 6am-6pm or 6pm-6am, which may
include days, nights, weekends and overtime.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred. Additional Company
Information: - - -We offer excellent benefits to eligible
employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
-Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. - The
Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any
applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age,
military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any
other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or
local laws. - The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants
and employees based on any of these protected categories. -Drug
Keywords: Quad, Schenectady , Full Time Press Operator, Other , Schenectady, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!