Retail Outreach Reps, Professional, Individual Product Advisor - Outreach_B
Company: MVP Health Care, Inc.
Posted on: July 29, 2022
Retail Outreach Reps, Professional, Individual Product Advisor -
Outreach_B Headquarters Office, 625 State Street, Schenectady, New
York, United States of America Req #1163 Thursday, July 21, 2022
Over 35 years strong and fueled by 1,700 smart, passionate
employees across New York state and Vermont, MVP is full of
opportunities to grow. We are a nationally recognized,
award-winning leader for a reason. The beating heart of our company
is a wide range of employees from a diverse set of backgrounds-tech
people, numbers people, even people people-working together to make
health insurance better. If you are ready to join a thriving,
mission-driven company where you can create your own opportunities
and make a positive difference-it's time to make a healthy career
move to MVP! There are some positions at MVP where your work may
require an onsite or community component. When working in an MVP
office and/or in the community on behalf of MVP, you must be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19, and have received the first booster
dose within one month of eligibility. Individual Product Advisor
helps facilitate enrollment in Qualified Health Plans (QHPs),
Essential Plan, Medicaid, Child Health Plus, and HARP as well as
enrolls consumers in Off-Exchange and Medicare Advantage (MA)
products including D-SNP ( Dual Special Needs Plan) as permitted
under federal and state guidelines. Individual Product Advisor
conducts individual and group Field Outreach activities throughout
the assigned regions and conducts public presentations on MVP
products. Individual Product Advisor must provide fair and
impartial information to individual Marketplace consumers regarding
coverage options available through the NY State of Health
Marketplace. Individual Product Advisor develops and maintain
positive relationships with community-based organizations,
agencies, and community contacts within assigned territory and
gives product presentations that meet company and regulatory
guidelines.Individual Product Advisor generates qualified leads and
referral sales; creates and maintains individual prospect database
files including information regarding name, address, phone number,
documentation, and other required data. Individual Product Advisor
completes internal management reports as requested.
- Subjected to a flexible schedule, including a minimum of two
evenings per week as well on two weekend days per month.
- Must work two events every month.
- Local travel is required.
- Outreach sites may require proof of immunizations, drug testing
and additional background checks for Individual Product Advisor to
be present at those sites. Individual Product Advisor will
participate in such screenings/provide proof of immunization when
- Ability to lift/transport heavy promotional materials
(brochures, giveaways etc.) is required.
- Performs other duties as assigned. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum Education :
- Associate degree or equivalent combination of education and
directly related experience. Minimum Experience:
- Two years in customer service or sales environment with some
experience in health care (hospital, medical office, health
insurance) industry required.
- Experience working for a health insurance company strongly
- Broad-based knowledge of a variety of insurance plans
(government and commercial plans) strongly preferred. Required
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate with a diverse clientele
in a compassionate, fair, and accurate manner.
- Must be self-directed, confident, and able to flex
communication and presentation skills to the needs of the consumers
s/he is serving.
- Must demonstrate time management and project planning
- Ability to work independently, with little direct supervision,
along with ability to work in a team.
- Must obtain NYS Life, Accident & Health License within 90 days
from date of hire.
- Must obtain Certified Application Counselor (CAC), also
referred to as Plan Assistor or NYS Market Place Facilitated
Enroller, certification within 90 days from date of hire.
- A high level of personal integrity and the ability to always
represent the company in a professional and courteous manner, both
internally and externally.
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Must have valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Bilingual (Spanish preferred). About MVPMVP Health Care is a
nationally recognized, not-for-profit health insurer caring for
more than 700,000 members in New York and Vermont. Committed to the
complete well-being of our members and the communities we serve,
MVP makes health insurance more convenient, more supportive, and
more personal. We are powered by the ideas and energy of more than
1,700 diverse, employees from all backgrounds, committed to having
a positive impact on the health and wellness of everyone we serve.
MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Employment
Opportunity (PDF). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and
promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national
origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status,
disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other
basis, e.g., Pay Transparency (PDF), and the EEO is the Law Poster
and Supplement protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the
application process, please contact Human Resources at
firstname.lastname@example.org Please apply and learn more - including how
you may become a proud member of our team.
Keywords: MVP Health Care, Inc., Schenectady , Retail Outreach Reps, Professional, Individual Product Advisor - Outreach_B, Hospitality & Tourism , Schenectady, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!