Company: Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Location: Schenectady, New York, 12008, United StatesJob ID: 44556917Posted: 10/26/2018Position Title: Physician AssistantCompany Name: Sunnyview Rehabilitation HospitalPractice Type: Hospital (including academic medical centerSector: Physiatry - PAEntry Level: falseJob Type: Full-TimeJob Duration: IndefiniteMin Education: Master's DegreeRequired Travel: NoneSunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital, a state-of-the-art acute rehabilitation hospital located in Schenectady, NY, is seeking an additional Advanced Practitioner to join its team on a full time basis.
Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital, founded in 1928, is a 115-bed hospital specializing in physical rehabilitation. More than 15,000 individuals come to Sunnyview annually from across NY's Capital Region. Each one has a dedicated team of physicians, nurses, therapists and specialists, all focused on one goal- taking back what was stolen by a stroke, traumatic injury, or disabling illness. Sunnyview offers programs in neuro-rehab, spinal cord injury, brain injury, ventilator weaning programs, aquatic therapy, orthopedic rehab, hearing services, cardiopulmonary rehab, and wellness programs.
Sunnyview is the only CARF accredited program in the region. Our team of PM&R physicians are part of a multidisciplinary team that provides treatment right onsite at the hospital. It includes physicians, advanced practitioners, therapists, and certified professionals in several areas.
- Work in collaboration with our team and enjoy access to 24/7 Internal Medicine physician consultants, as well as most medical/surgical subspecialties
- Treat patients with both neurologic and orthopedic diagnoses
- Duties include completion of admission H&Ps, patient management, and preparation of discharge prescriptions, as well as narrative summaries
- Work schedule: Monday through Friday and 1 weekend a month
Find out more and send applications to
REQUIREMENTS: Applicants for these unique opportunities should have the following:
- Graduate of approved Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner Program
- Board Certified. NYS licensure and DEA required. ACLS/BLS
- National Certification required
- Demonstrates working knowledge of rehabilitation policy and procedures.
RECRUITMENT PACKAGE: St. Peter's Health Partners offers a prorated for part time comprehensive salary and compensation package that includes:
- Competitive salary base
- Excellent benefits; including health/vision/dental insurances
- Paid malpractice, including post-SPHP employment tail coverage
- CME time & expense allowance
- Paid time away from the practice
- 2 part retirement savings program with employer matching program
COMMUNITY DESCRIPTION: Discover an excellent work/life balance in NY's Capital District- a medium sized area offering all the amenities of a larger urban area in a beautiful, scenic, and affordable setting. A stable economic setting; we have a strong and expanding presence in healthcare of every type, in higher education, and enjoy a unique position as the capital of the Empire State. The Capital District includes the cities of Albany, Schenectady, and Troy- and the surrounding area includes Clifton Park and Saratoga Springs. The region has excellent year-round outdoor recreation available, including excellent golf, water-sports of all kinds, camping, hiking, and great skiing. It offers a wealth of cultural offerings and activities, including several renowned museums (the Albany Institute of History and Art, The NY State Museum), theaters (Proctor's, The Palace) fine dining, and a year-round events calendar full with music and sporting events (The Times Union Center & Saratoga Performing Arts Center.) Excellent public and private schools are available, as are affordable homes and reasonable taxes. Higher education opportunities abound in our region with nearly 30 colleges and universities in the region and we are part of NY's Tech Valley.
- To the North: the largest state park in the nation: The Adirondacks: world renowned for hiking, skiing, camping, boating, and countless scenic vistas
- To the East: Vermont and the beautiful Berkshire Mountains in western Massachusetts
- To the South: the historic and amazing Catskill Mountains, home to excellent skiing, camping, great fly-fishing, and hiking locations
- To the West, the beautiful Mohawk Valley & Central Leatherstocking Regions, home to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown
- Albany is centrally located: New York City: 2.5 hrs. Boston: 3 hrs. Montreal: 3.5 hrs.
- Albany is easily accessed via the NYS Thruway, Albany International Airport, and Amtrak
Come find out why Forbes Magazine lists Albany as one of "America's Best Places for Business and Careers", and one of "America's Best Places to Raise a Family" and why Brookings has described Albany as one of its "Strongest Performing Metro Areas," why Portfolio.com calls Albany one of its "Best Markets for Young Adults," and U.S. News & World Report ranks Albany as one of its "Best Places to Live" in the nation. And Livability.com calls Albany one of its Best Cities for Entrepreneurs for 2016.
Find out more at: , , , , , , . PI105482027
Keywords: Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital, Schenectady , Physician Assistant, Healthcare , Schenectady, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!