Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner - Per Diem, EmUrgentCare
Company: Albany Medical Center
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Department/Unit:EmUrgent Care - Wolf RdWork Shift:Per Diem
(United States of America)Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner
- Per DiemEmUrgentCareWorld-Class specialty care closer to
home.Welcome to Albany Medical Center, providing excellent care to
our community each day. We have an exciting opportunity for
physician assistants and/or nurse practitioners to join our team.
An ideal candidate must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced
environment, both independently and on a team. This is a per diem
position with a minimum requirement of 18 hours per month.Primary
- Conduct patient assessments and complete physical
- Collect clinical data such as vitals, specimens, point of care
- Conduct occupational medicine assessments
- Complete accurate patient coding
- Maintain accurate and detailed patient medical reports
- Serve as the on-site leader for clinical staffRequirements:
- Registered Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner with valid
New York license and registration
- Valid and current DEA licenseEducation Requirements:
- Graduate of an approved Physician Assistant or Nurse
- NCCPA Registration
- Applicable state licensure as a Physician Assistant or Nurse
- Minimum 2 years' experience in an Emergency Room or Urgent Care
setting; critical care experience preferred.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and critical judgment.
- Able to respond to emergencies in a calm, reasoned manner.
- Use of the scientific process and national standards of care as
a framework for managing patient care.
- Able to quickly master all aspects of a computerized medical
recordkeeping and billing system.
- Must project a professional image and earn the confidence of
others.-- Must have excellent verbal and written skills and have
experience in and a desire to deal professionally with the
public.-- Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills are
- Must be HIPAA compliant at all times.Competitive Benefits and
- Paid hands-on training
- Opportunities for growth within the Albany Medical Center
- Located on main public transportation lines
- Occurrence Based Malpractice InsuranceAbout Albany MedBest of
the Capital RegionAlbany Med is at its best when our community
needs us most.-- We've been voted Best Hospital in the Times
Union's annual readers' poll for two consecutive years. For more
information about Albany Med, visit our website at amc.edu and
interact with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and
YouTube.Thank you for your interest in Albany Medical
Center!---Albany Medical is an equal opportunity employer.This role
may require access to information considered sensitive to Albany
Medical Center, its patients, affiliates, and partners, including
but not limited to HIPAA Protected Health Information and other
information regulated by Federal and New York State statutes.
Workforce members are expected to ensure that:Access to information
is based on a "need to know" and is the minimum necessary to
properly perform assigned duties. Use or disclosure shall not
exceed the minimum amount of information needed to accomplish an
intended purpose. Reasonable efforts, consistent with Albany Med
Center policies and standards, shall be made to ensure that
information is adequately protected from unauthorized access and
Keywords: Albany Medical Center, Schenectady , Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner - Per Diem, EmUrgentCare, Healthcare , Schenectady, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!