RN - Internal Medicine Practice, Albany
Company: Albany Medical Center
Location: Fort Johnson
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Department/Unit:HBD - Internal MedicineWork Shift:Day (United
States of America)Registered Nurse
Internal Medicine Practice - Albany, NY
Work schedule: Monday - Friday
Case management for High Risk population in a primary care office.
Assessment and Planning for changes in status calls. Located in
Albany Area. Office hours are Mon- Fri with no weekend or holiday
commitment. Looking for a RN that can work within a team to provide
hospital follow up, monitor high risk patients, triage patient
calls and in office visits, and support LPNs with patients needing
higher level of care.
Under the direction of the practice physician and/or advanced
practice provider (APP) and the supervision of the Nurse Manager
(RN) and/or Nurse Supervisor (RN), the RN may provide direct
patient care, patient triage (in-person and telephonic),
assessment, planning, directing and evaluating of a patient's
specific care plan and clinic visit. Able to work effectively
within a team of multi-specialty professionals is
essential.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses need for home care services and provide referral if
- Ensures follow-up appointments are made in a timely
- Coordinates referrals to specialists.
- Collaborates with agencies/resources in the community to
- Actively participates in meetings and attend regional
conferences to gain information needed to meet measures required by
NCQA, PCMH, CPC, and CMS.
- Demonstrates consistent proactive problem solving and critical
thinking to improve PCMH.
- Triages patient calls.
- Enters lab orders for patients.
- Provides patient education - injections, glucometer use.
- Clinical resource for LPNs/MAs.
- Checks AEDs every morning and document on log in RN
- Assists providers and staff with various clinical tasks.Minimum
- Associate's degree of a state accredited Registered Nursing
program is required
- NYS current RN licensure is required
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical RN experience is desiredThank
you for your interest in Albany Medical Center!---Albany Medical is
an equal opportunity employer.This role may require access to
information considered sensitive to Albany Medical Center, its
patients, affiliates, and partners, including but not limited to
HIPAA Protected Health Information and other information regulated
by Federal and New York State statutes. Workforce members are
expected to ensure that:Access to information is based on a "need
to know" and is the minimum necessary to properly perform assigned
duties. Use or disclosure shall not exceed the minimum amount of
information needed to accomplish an intended purpose. Reasonable
efforts, consistent with Albany Med Center policies and standards,
shall be made to ensure that information is adequately protected
from unauthorized access and modification.
Keywords: Albany Medical Center, Schenectady , RN - Internal Medicine Practice, Albany, Healthcare , Fort Johnson, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!