Physician Assistant - Full Time - Schenectady, NY
Company: Professional Care Medical Practice PC
Posted on: March 19, 2023
We are offering a Sign On Bonus for this position!Professional
Care Medical Practices PC ("Professional Care") is a private,
physician founded, nationally accredited correctional health care
practice.Professional Care provides comprehensive medical & mental
health care services in the state of New York.Correctional health
care is a unique, challenging, and exciting opportunity for today's
medical professional in that it provides the ability to truly
utilize all of your learned medical skills and knowledge on a daily
basis. It is the perfect hybrid of Primary Care, Urgent Care,
Emergency Medicine, and Addiction Medicine; providing care to an
under-served, diverse, and truly appreciative patient population.We
are currently looking for a Full-Time, Nurse Practitioner or
Physician Assistant to join our team and provide on-site medical
care at the Schenectady County Jail in Schenectady, NY.This 40
hour/week position, Monday's - Friday's, Weekly hours are scheduled
during normal business hours (i.e., -8:00am - 4:30pm). No weekends
Quickly summary some key points:
- Salaries are negotiable and commensurate based on
- Company-paid family health care offered (i.e., medical /
prescription / dental / vision).
- Company-paid life insurance provided.
- Elective life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term
disability benefits offered.
- Retirement benefits offered (i.e., 401k with discretionary
- Company-paid malpractice liability insurance (including tail
- Generous PTO, Holiday, & Sick Leave package provided.
- Annual licensure reimbursement provided.
- Unlimited company-paid CME technology provided, and more.Job
Description:In this role the NP / PA will be performing physical
examinations on all newly incarcerated inmates/patients, as well as
evaluating sick inmates/patients, and present your observations to
the attending physician.You will be responsible for performing a
variety of duties such as suturing and administering injections and
medications, drawing blood samples, and evaluate of diagnostic
findings. Other responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring complete, accurate and timely medical entries are made
for each inmate/patient contact.
- Providing counseling and education on common medical
- Performing histories and physicals on all newly committed
inmates/patients in accordance with NCCHC/ACA Standards, facility
requirements, and PCM policies and procedures.
- Complying with standards of care in accordance with NCCHC/ACA
and accepted healthcare standards.
- Developing and conducting in-service education programs
according to annual in-service calendar, as assigned by PCM Medical
Director and/or Administrator.
- Reviewing inmate/patient records to determine health status and
initiate necessary treatment.
- Screening inmate/patient sick call requests to determine
appropriate follow up care.
- Evaluating inmate/patients at sick call for common
- Ordering appropriate laboratory tests and X-rays.
- Ordering specialty consultations when indicated.
- Providing other services as required at the request of the PCM
Medical Director and/or Administrator.
- Providing ongoing, continuous care for inmates/patients with
chronic medical problems such as asthma, hypertension, and
- Collecting specimens for and carrying out commonly performed
blood, urine, and stool analyses and cultures.
- Evaluating and initiating treatment in emergency situations
such as cardiac arrest, respiratory distress, hemorrhage, burns,
- Prescribing therapeutic modalities such as medications and
diets in accordance with regulations.This position is exciting and
fast paced, and as such we must have someone who is able to
multi-task well and has excellent time management skills. They must
also have the ability to work independently and be comfortable with
making patient diagnosis on their own.Company Overview:Professional
Care is committed to managing and reducing risk in correctional
health care by providing cost-effective quality health care
management, continuously improving the standards of care and
striving for national accreditation for all facilities.Dedicated to
correctional health care, Professional Care prides itself on our
strong client relationships, as well as effective and efficient
management of health care services. These attributes continue to be
the hallmark of our success. With new health care contracts
established regularly, opportunities for advancement and
development are ample.PCM utilizes a proprietary EMR system,
customized to our practice and specifically designed for
correctional health care. Said technology is user-friendly,
intuitive, and reliable. Furthermore, we are dedicated to your
long-term success and foster this by providing individually catered
training to every one of our NP's. We teach you how to document in
real-time and tactfully structure our call requirements; to ensure
that you're life outside of your career is focused on the things
that matter the most to you.To learn why Professional Care Medical
Practice PC is The Choice for Quality Correctional Healthcare,
please apply today and schedule a phone interview. We can't wait to
hear from you and look forward to speaking with you about joining
our PrimeCare family!
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner / Physician
- Board Certified.
- Licensed to practice Medicine in the State of New York.
- Maintain current DEA license.
- Maintain current Buprenorphine Waiver/X-Waiver.
- Maintain active BLS (i.e. CPR) certification.
- Maintain current Driver's License.Are you looking for...???
- Reliable/Flexible schedules?
- Work-life balance?
- Competitive salaries/compensation?
- Extensive benefits for you and your family?
- Co-workers and support staff who understand the value of
- Strong/supportive leadership? If you said yes, then a career in
Correctional Health Care with PrimeCare Medical, Inc. may be
exactly what you've been looking for!
Keywords: Professional Care Medical Practice PC, Schenectady , Physician Assistant - Full Time - Schenectady, NY, Healthcare , Schenectady, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...