Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Company: KA Recruiting
Posted on: January 13, 2022
(Only QUALIFIED Healthcare Professionals accepted)
Psychiatry/Mental Health-NP - (Reference Code: JAW1043)
Exciting Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner opening with a fantastic
organization in Central New York! This position is located just 30
miles outside of Albany, NY and the organization is looking for a
Psych NP to join their team in an inpatient setting.
This organization is a private, inpatient chemical dependecy
treatment facility that offers comprehensive services for the
treatment of alcoholism and substance abuse in a tranquil setting
conducive to recovery.
- Performs comprehensive history and physical examinations, and
compiles patient medical data, including behavioral health history
and results of physical examination.
- Evaluates and manages detox regimes for patients in our care
including writing orders and follow-up treatment as indicated.
- Evaluates and treats patients in our care as needed for medical
issues including patient education.
- Makes referrals to outside care- facilities or orders
diagnostic-laboratory tests as needed and collects, interprets and
documents test results for patients readmitted back into our
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, routine
exams, suture removal, and wound care, and managing infection.
- Participates in treatment teams and develops and implements
patient treatment and aftercare plans, records progress notes, and
assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with
prescribed therapeutic regimens, emotional problems of daily
living, health maintenance, and addiction treatment.
- Preparation and education of patients and family members for
discharge medications and instructions. Preparation of discharge
summaries, prescriptions and follow up tests and appointments.
- Individual case assignments, case conferences, treatment team
meetings, crisis intervention, educational presentations for staff
and patients, and additional duties assigned by the medical
- Participates in Performance Improvement Initiatives.
- Post Graduate Degree - Masters in Psychiatric Nursing
- 1-3 years of experience as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
- NYS Nursing Licensed in detoxification-addiction nursing
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Suboxone Waiver
For more information, please Apply Now or send an updated resume to
Keywords: KA Recruiting, Schenectady , Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare , Schenectady, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!