Company: People With Developmental Disabilities, Office for
Posted on: January 8, 2021
TransferMust have one year of permanent service as a Nurse
2;ORMust have one year of permanent service in a title eligible for
transfer under -- 70.1 of the Civil Service Law;ORMust have one
year of permanent service in a title within two (2) salary grades
of G-16, and have a passing score and current status on the Nurse 2
eligible list to be eligible for transfer under -- 70.4 of the
Civil Service Law;OROpen CompetitiveMust be active and have a
reachable score on the Nurse 2 eligible list.To apply as an open
competitive candidate, please complete the New York State
Application (http://www.cs.ny.gov/extdocs/pdf/nysapp.pdf) and
submit it with other application materials.Duties
DescriptionMonitors individual's medical/health needs and
- Visits each assigned home weekly (minimally) to provide nursing
oversight and complete review of items
- Interacts with primary, medical specialists, various clinical
staff as necessary.
- Advocate for individuals' health care needs
- Maintains ongoing communication with med liaison/designee
- Provides support to residential staff in maintaining health
services for the individuals.
- Utilizes appropriate reporting mechanisms/chain of command in
responding to individual and/or staff issues
- Completes follow-up including documentation for individuals
post ER/hospital visit follow-up
- Reviews, comments, initials and dates lab, x-ray, consults,
etc. If indicated completes follow-up with practitioner.
- Provides necessary documentation regarding home visits within
established time frames.
- Follows pressure wound policy and documentation
requirements.Provides appropriate nursing services and
support/oversight to Residential/Day Hab. staff
- Responds to emergency requests as soon as possible (within and
- Completes nursing assessments and related documentation e.g. RN
Notes, nursing log book, etc. thoroughly and within established
- Provides individual-specific nursing interventions.
- Responds to staff questions regarding individual specific
- PONS are current (for caseload) and signed by staff. All PONS
are maintained in computer files.
- Provides health related training/consultation to day program,
IES, residential staff.
- Annually for everyone in your caseload, completes: review of
medical section ISP, medication audit (each home)
- Keeps up to date regarding changes to medical section on
- Responsible for obtaining individual's informed consent for
medications, as per BDDSOO Policy.Provides adequate nursing
assessment/supervision of DSAs competency regarding individual
-specific nursing delegated procedures including medication
- Completes initial medication certification and conducts annual
clinical performance evaluations for DSAS for procedures that
include but not limited to medication administration (Annual
Clinical Nursing Evaluation of Nursing Delegated Tasks)
- Provides training for all staff as needed on new/revised
- Provides CMHN, NA and NPC' with certification/recertification
information for data base in a timely manner.
- Completes required medication error documentation and staff
medication error remediationProvides clinical supervision to LPNs
- Provides adequate nursing supervision and completes performance
evaluations (as assigned) regarding individual-specific nursing
procedures.Maintains professional skills
- Attends Nursing Discipline meetings.
- Attends/completes on-line mandated DDSO training, as well as
available discipline specific training.
- Identifies problems and/or opportunities for personal and/or
nursing department improvement (s) and contributes to the
development of an action plan.
- Completes special projects/assignmentsAdditional CommentsPlease
note that starting salary for this title reflects the increased
hiring salary and geographic pay differential. $71,557- Posted
Hiring Salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for
PS&T Grade 16 ($50,722), Increased Hiring Salary ($13,835), and
Geographic Differential ($7,000). Geographic Differential added to
the job rate ($64,557) for PS&T Grade 16.
- This position may also be filled at the Nurse 1 level.
Candidates hired at the entry-level title (Nurse 1) may be advanced
to the full-performance level (Nurse 2) following satisfactory
completion of one-year of service. To be eligible for appointment
to Nurse 1, candidates must be licensed and currently registered to
practice nursing in New York State, possess a limited permit to
practice nursing in New York State, or be eligible to enter the
examination for such license AND have a score that is reachable for
appointment on the Nurse 1 eligible list. The hiring rate for Nurse
1 in this location is $65,028, which includes the sum of the
statutory hiring rate for PS&T Grade 14 ($45,455) along with an
Increased Hiring Salary ($12,573) and Geographic Differential
- Nurse 1 and Nurse 2 are filled via a continuous recruitment
examination. Information about this examination can be found on the
Department of Civil Service's Website at:
- The assignment of PS&T employees will be made in accordance
with any agreed upon Memorandum of Understanding between PEF and
the local DDSO regarding the posting of job vacancies.
- Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by
closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate
this on your resume/cover letter.
- All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility
for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and
Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining
- If you are employed by state government you may be able to
receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness
Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on
Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made
under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a
qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit
- Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be
able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to
perform the essential functions of their positions with or without
reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or
she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS
OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518)
473-9689 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain
information and RA forms.
- OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
EMPLOYERPursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as
defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in
any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her
current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such
time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment
with compensation. If such information has been requested from you
before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee
Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
- Please note that the filling of this position is pending fiscal
approval and authorization.
Keywords: People With Developmental Disabilities, Office for, Schenectady , Nurse 2, Healthcare , Schenectady, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!