Full Time Phlebotomist - Schenectady, NY
Company: STG International
Posted on: November 20, 2020
STG International (STGi) is currently seeking a
Phlebotomist/Laboratory Technician to provide services at our
Community Based Outpatient Clinic. The general duty of the
Phlebotomist is to provide phlebotomy services as well as
administrative/clerical support for the Community Based Outpatient
* ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* Perform a full range of phlebotomist duties to include proper
venipuncture and finger-stick and heel-stick procedures using
appropriate techniques, and perform set-up and completion of
special test-related phlebotomy procedures utilizing appropriate
techniques. Ensure that all aspects of patient accessioning,
specimen collection, processing, and distribution are performed
* Conduct patient in-processing prior to specimen collection,
including review of paperwork accompanying patients and cordial
guidance and assistance.
* Assemble equipment, such as tourniquet, needles, and disposable
containers for needles, blood collection devices, gauze, cotton,
and alcohol on work tray, according to requirements for specified
tests or procedures.
* Verify or record identity of patient or donor and converses with
patient or donor to allay fear of procedure and conduct interviews,
take vital signs, and draw and test blood samples to screen donors
at blood bank.
* If applicable, provide technical oversight and training to ensure
that all invasive procedures (venipuncture, capillary puncture,
clotting time, etc.) performed in the laboratory are done in the
safest, most sanitary, and expeditious manner, with minimal
discomfort for the patient.
* Perform phlebotomy-related administrative and clerical procedures
of the Front Desk Section of the lab and fully document all samples
obtained per the laboratory s standard operating procedures;
maintain the supply inventory and cleanliness of the front desk and
* Perform non-phlebotomy-related administrative and clerical
support in various areas of the clinic as needed (front desk, exam
rooms, Telehealth, etc.).
* Provide instruction on patient centered specimen collection
(24-hour urine, occult blood testing, semen analysis, etc) and
special requirements necessary for laboratory-collected specimens
(fasting requirements, special diets, etc.).
* Demonstrate knowledge of all aspects of phlebotomy and collection
of adequate clinical specimens and utilize age-specific techniques
to obtain specimens from infants and the elderly, if
* Demonstrate knowledge of the type and severity of patient
reactions, including, but not limited to, syncope, vomiting, and
unconsciousness and the procedures for such instances. Counsel
patients on care of post-phlebotomy complications (i.e.
* Provides general clerical/administrative support coordination
work for the unit..
* Perform other work related duties...
As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer,
STGi is committed to providing equal employment in the employment
and advancement for all persons regardless of race, religion,
color, national origin, sex, age, status as protected veterans and
persons with disabilities at all levels of employment, including
the executive level.
For more details, please visit :
Keywords: STG International, Schenectady , Full Time Phlebotomist - Schenectady, NY, Healthcare , Schenectady, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!