Posted on: January 16, 2022
DSM - Bright Science. Brighter Living.---Royal DSM is a global,
purpose-led, science-based company active in Nutrition, Health and
Sustainable Living. DSM's purpose is to create brighter lives for
all. DSM addresses with its products and solutions some of the
world's biggest challenges while simultaneously creating economic,
environmental and societal value for all its stakeholders -
customers, employees, shareholders, and society at large. DSM
delivers innovative solutions for human nutrition, animal
nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products
and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its
associated companies deliver annual net sales of about ---10
billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company was
founded in 1902 and is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.More
information can be found at www.dsm.com.
Site characteristics and dynamics: Scenectady NY
- Two key business segments define the Human Nutrition and Health
Industry - Dietary Supplements and Food (Straight & Premix).
- Schenectady site includes production processes liquid and dry
blends, warehouse and support facilities.
Find your passion here:
Bring your Passion! Build your future!
You'll be responsible to:
Provide leadership to ensure the success and improvement of the
maintenance work process.
- Lead the establishment of goals, objectives and key performance
measures and drive continuous improvement activities to achieve
- Manage adherence to operating, capital budgets and change
management policies consistent with corporate and global
- Ensure that team members receive appropriate education and
training to meet the capability requirements of their job.
- Shares process related information to leverage best practices
and participates in site related management activities.
- Contribute to the manufacturing plan to integrate into site
- Manage maintenance activities in safe and environmentally
- Implement actions from SHE plan and ensure compliance.
- Implement/Monitor contractor safety
- Enforce management of change procedures
- Sustain a trained workforce
- Execute JSA, incident investigation, critical equipment
inspection complianc including over dues.
- Develop and report department KPIs
- Prioritize maintenance activity based on SHE, operational and
- Responsible for purchasing activities within the maintenance
- Knowledge of CMMS operation and implementation to include
critical spares listings and inventory management.
- SHE Duties & Responsibilities: Display and promote positive
safety behaviors at all times; use proper personal protective
equipment, appropriate safety tools, equipment and procedures to
ensure that self and others go home safe each day; that area and
equipment operate at the highest safety levels; that all people in
the area ( maintenance techs, quality personnel, visitors,
contractors, etc.) comply with safety directives and keep the area
neat and clean.
- Responsible for all affected employees and contractors that are
involved in working at heights.
- Accountable for the department following the Life Saving Rules
and ensuring maintenance technicians have understanding of each
- Involvement in setting up and reviewing SHE requirements,
procedures, and communication with all in the project the jobholder
is responsible for.
- Acts in such a way that safety awareness & accident prevention
are considered in performing all tasks.
- Shows leadership by working to SHE standards and encouraging
employees to work to the same standards.
- Completes all required safety classes (e.g., CBT's , learn and
test on compass, lockout - tag out, confined space and RCSM.
- Supports plant and corporate initiatives as outlined in the
Get the reward to match your passion
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to
improving people's lives and solving the challenges of today's
world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities, and an inspiring
environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM
recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the
continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a
fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual
and team competencies and performance.
At DSM, we Do Something Meaningful.
What we look for in you:
- Minimum requirement plus 5 -10 years relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree or technical degree preferred.
- Technical knowledge to perform responsibilities with minimal
supervision required. Good math, oral/written communication,
interpersonal, coaching skills, trouble shooting, participative
leadership, time management, statistical process control and
problem solving skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of CMMS, TPM, GMPs, ISO, and
Procedure & ContactInterested in this position? Please apply online
via the career portal (https://jobs.dsm.com/)
Pre-employment screening procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment
& Selection Process. You will be contacted when further information
is requiredDSM NA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. DSM is committed to ensuring equal employment
opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment
decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an
applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic
information, protected veteran status, or any other status
protected by law.
Keywords: DSM, Schenectady , Maintenance Manager, Executive , Schenectady, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!