Company: ROBERT AND DOROTHY LUDWIG JCC OF SC
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Schenectady JCC - Schenectady, NY
4 Year Degree
Admin - Clerical
Reports to : CEO
This position will work with the CEO to oversee fund raising
initiatives at both the Albany and Schenectady JCCs individually
and collectively ("JCCs of the Capital Region"), provide routine
and often confidential support to the CEO, Boards of Directors and
Joint Collaboration Committee, and provide staff leadership to FRD
(Financial Resource Development, commonly known as fund raising)
Duties include primary staff work with selected JCC fund raising
committees, project management for special efforts/programs, donor
stewardship oversight. This includes direct or delegation of
detailed record keeping, data base administration, regular and
non-routine correspondence, phone and emails, meeting coordination,
daily schedules and overall administrative and support duties that
lead to the success of on-going projects. Ensures that calendaring
of events and meetings avoids conflicts and that such associated
activities are scheduled and executed accurately. Proactively
anticipates daily activity requirements along with projecting
future needs. Manages and assists Department Heads with their
Board work includes responsiveness in particular to the needs of
each Board's president. The position includes the development of
"board packets" for each meeting, the use of Dropbox for individual
board member review of meeting materials and other Board materials,
the dissemination and collection of annual Board forms, and the
taking of minutes at Board meetings. The position makes sure that
expected Board actions are supported by clear Board resolutions and
recommendations. Other activities of the Board are supported by
The position will be supported in this work by an administrative
assistant at each JCC who will devote approximately half of their
time to fund raising administrative work. The position will model
for them expectations for their work providing administrative
support to their respective Campus Directors, the Director of
Finance, and the other staff and committees those positions
support. The position has dotted-line authority in the supervision
of such staff.
- Managing fundraising event planning, administration and
reporting for fundraising initiatives.
- Maintaining and managing timelines and schedules related to
- Assisting in donor relationship management by producing and
sending donor acknowledgement and donor correspondence, update and
manage donor database.
- Acting as project manager for special projects as assigned
which may include planning and coordinating presentations,
disseminating information, research and collecting data.
- Providing direct support to the CEO which will include
confidential and sensitive information, ensuring he is updated and
kept informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities.
- Proactively working to help the CEO organize activities,
meetings, travel, and workload.
- Arranging and coordinating the work and meetings of the boards
of directors of the JCCs, of the Joint Collaboration Committee, and
of the respective FRD committees of both JCCs.
- Preparing board of director and committee meeting materials in
advance for the CEO. Ensure the correct taking and distributing of
minutes for board meetings, Joint Collaboration Committee and the
- Maintaining organizational databases and managing mailing
- Assembling and organizing confidential and sensitive
information: may involve legal issues.
- Presenting a professional and welcoming point of contact.
Maintaining a strong understanding of the culture, values, and
services of the organization and reflecting this understanding in
decisions made in support of the CEO.
- Performing administrative functions related to the above and
insures maintenance and accuracy of existing files, and adds to the
filing as needed.
- Performing related duties as directed.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skill, and/or Abilities
- Three to five years working with senior level executives in a
fast-paced environment. Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience working directly with a CEO or C-Suite level
- Experience in fund raising and development.
- Experience working with volunteers individually and in
- Possess a professional communication style, socially adept, and
- Proficient computer skill and in-depth knowledge of relevant
software including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word,
PowerPoint), and social media.
- Flexible, with ability to assess and respond to a variety of
non-routine and unexpected tasks in a dynamic work
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a
- Strong problem-solving skills, judgement and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the
ability to communicate clearly.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality as needed.
- Commitment to organization values and mission.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Takes initiative, proactive, helpful "can do" attitude.
Primarily sitting at the workstation in an office environment
utilizing the computer.
Regular travel between the Albany JCC and Schenectady JCC. Position
will have an office at each JCC.
Includes some filing which requires the ability to bend, stoop, and
stand as necessary
We offer competitive wages and benefits including health insurance,
paid time off, holiday pay, 401k and free gym membership.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential job functions. This document
is not to be considered a contract for employment nor a guarantee
of continued employment. This job description is to be used as a
guideline to describe the current functions and requirements of the
position. The job description may change at any time based on
business needs and/or job reorganization.
Keywords: ROBERT AND DOROTHY LUDWIG JCC OF SC, Schenectady , CEO Assistant, Executive , Schenectady, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!