Company: The Community Builders Inc
Posted on: February 23, 2021
The Community Builders, Inc. (TCB)
Join a growing organization that is strengthening neighborhoods
across the nation! The Community Builders, Inc. (TCB) is one of
America's leading nonprofit real estate developers and owners. Our
mission is to build and sustain strong communities where people of
all incomes can achieve their full potential.
Under the direction of the Portfolio Operations Manager, the
Community Manager is responsible for all phases of community
operations and on-site team performance. S/he must manage the
company's objectives and property operating budget, with the
primary goals of increasing the cash flow, balancing the budget,
maintaining the physical asset and providing a quality living
environment, with superior customer service for residents. This
role will establish and maintain a positive, productive working
relationship with the property's team members, ensuring their
adherence to TCB's Mission Statement, policies, and procedures; and
that the site is in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Additional Responsibilities: Develop and manage operating
budgets, billing processes, operating reports, and all accounting
functions including invoicing and expense tracking; monitor revenue
transactions and rent collection; nonpayment of rent processes;
collection agency follow-up and reporting; leasing procedures and
compliance with Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan and other
regulatory requirements; approve and submit employee time sheets;
enact cost control measures as needed.
- Oversee upkeep of the property curb appeal, annual inspection
of apartments, market ready units, safety and preventive
maintenance, preparation for local, state or federal audits or
inspections, monitoring of work order system, and incident
documentation and reporting for risk management.
- Provide outstanding customer service to residents, ensure that
all appropriate communications are distributed on a timely basis,
and follow up on service requests or complaints, or issues
involving violations of building rules or resident policies. Work
closely with Community Life staff and resident associations and
groups to provide and advertise activities and services available
on site and in the local area, in order to provide access and
foster a sense of community and wellbeing.
- Recruit, train, coach, manage and motivate team members and
provide evaluations and recommendations to HR.
- Corporate Committees Group
- Attend trainings, seminars and conferences
- Available for emergencies, on call duties, resident functions
and weekends as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent budget and financial management skills
- Knowledge of all regulatory programs, polices and Federal
Housing Laws and Guidelines required
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Yardi or other industry
software experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Federal Fair Housing Laws & Guidelines a
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills are necessary to
be successful in this role
- Ability to speak a second language is a plus!
- Knowledge of all regulatory programs and policies regarding
housing and affordable housing are necessary
- Leadership skills and understanding of effective management of
personal development for all employees desired
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Ability to move around the building or site; able to move up to 50
pounds; able to work in outdoor conditions. Some travel to local
sites may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education & Experience:
BA/BS and 5 + years in progressive career path in Residential
Property Management, Hotel, Hospitality or Retail Management
required, 2 of which should be in a supervisory or management role.
Industry designations such as COS, LIHTC, ARM, CPMC, etc.
The Community Builders, Inc. is committed to ensuring diversity in
its workplace. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly
encouraged to apply.
Keywords: The Community Builders Inc, Schenectady , Community Manager, Executive , Schenectady, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!