Facility Project Manager
Posted on: May 5, 2020
Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc. (BPMI) is seeking a facility
operations project manager for its Schenectady, New York location.
The qualified candidate will provide project management support to
new and existing facility construction and renovation projects.
Areas supported will include project planning and scheduling,
resource management, budgeting and cost control, measuring project
performance, risk management, coordination and integration of
project team efforts, and communication with project
- Support new and existing facility construction, renovation, and
site operation projects.
- Establish project scope, schedules, work breakdown structure,
planning assumptions, and evaluate requests for scope, budget, or
- Develop the processes, tasks, and tools used to take a project
from start to finish encompassing all of the key components
required for planning, managing, controlling, and governing
- Develop and maintain integrated resource loaded project
schedules, identifying and resolving resource conflicts.
- Establish and validate project priorities and recommend actions
necessary to support project priorities.
- Prepare and analyze budget, cost, and manpower estimates and
actual costs for projects; aid in the development of budget
estimates, funding strategies, and resolution of budget
- Develop and report metrics, manage change orders, and provide
assessments of project performance.
- Develop and manage the risk management plan, report status of
risk, and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Lead and facilitate project meetings; coordinate efforts of
other project support personnel.
- Develop roles and responsibilities for all project stakeholders
and take action to ensure roles and responsibilities are being
- Monitor and approve the allocation of resources from project or
- Review and concur with project contracts and contract changes.
Ensure contract obligations are met.
- Mentor and train project team members, stakeholders, and junior
project support personnel on Project Management processes.
- Pursue new products, services and processes to better serve
internal customers and facilitate continuous productivity
- Participate in business continuity planning, maintenance, and
- Travel as necessary to support facility projects at each BPMI
- Interface with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with applicable requirements.
- May perform other duties as assigned.Experience/Skills:
- Experience in developing and maintaining project schedules for
large projects, analysis of financial performance, development of
project controls, experience working on integrated project teams,
and development and support of the elements of project
- Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office and Microsoft
Project software packages.
- Familiarity with CAD software packages such as AutoCAD, ArcGIS,
and Visio is preferred.Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline from an accredited
college or university.
- An advanced degree may be considered in lieu of some years of
- A minimum of nine years of relevant experience.
- Must be a U.S. citizen due to government security clearance
requirements. In order to work at BPMI, applicants must complete a
Federal background investigation and be granted a security
clearance. BPMI is a prime contractor for the United States Naval
Nuclear Propulsion Program (NNPP). We are a project engineering
organization responsible for providing design, manufacturing, and
procurement management for the fabrication, testing, delivery,
installation, and field support of high quality nuclear power plant
components for installation in submarines and aircraft carriers. We
offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive Health Care, Dental, and Vision
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plans
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Capital Accumulation Plan (CAP) with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 9/80 work schedule option
- Competitive Vacation and Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continuing Education and Training Equal Employment Opportunity:
Keywords: BPMI, Schenectady , Facility Project Manager, Executive , Schenectady, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!