Company: Cameron Craig Group
Posted on: April 11, 2019
A food manufacturing company is looking to hire a talented,
experienced, team-oriented--Controls Engineer for their facility
near Schenectady, NY.--Why work here? Well, you will...
- Be part of a company that has a clearly stated and inspiring
purpose;--their mission is to make food that tastes great and is as
close to homemade as possible.--They use non-GMO verified, natural,
or organic ingredients in almost all of their products.
- Work on cutting-edge product innovations.
- Receive competitive pay and benefits package (including dental,
health & vision coverage,--401K w/ max 4% match, and more).
- Enjoy an on-site cafeteria and fitness center (with group
classes, locker rooms, and showers!).
- Be 30 minutes' northwest of Albany, NY (the state capital) and
40 minutes southwest of Saratoga Springs. Near major cultural
events, outside recreation and places to have fun throughout the
year. Go see the ballet, listen--to great bands at the Saratoga
Performing Arts Center (SPAC), boat on beautiful Lake George, hike
the famous trails of the Adirondacks, or ski at Lake Placid. There
is plenty to keep you--and/or your family busy. And, if you want
the occasional big city attraction, it is a short drive to Boston,
Montreal, and New York City.Controls Engineer Responsibilities:--As
a Controls Engineer you will be assigning, reviewing and
participating in the engineering and maintenance of plant
equipment, machinery, and related facilities. You will also provide
instruction in operation, set-up, maintenance, troubleshooting and
repair and ensure work quality and adherence to established
policies and procedures.--You will be heavily involved in
continuous improvement plans across the manufacturing
environment.--You will be expected to...
- Utilize your broad background in--Electrical Hardware,
Automation Systems, Mechanical Processes, and Process Control
Systems. Specifically, a high level of proficiency in Allen-Bradley
ControlLogix/Compactlogix/SLC 500 PLCs, Kinetix Servo systems,
FactorytalkView SE/ME applications, configuring and setting up
Powerflex VFDs, DeviceNet and ControlNet, Ethernet
- Support the planning, prioritizing, and reviewing the technical
plans for engineering/maintenance of the production and facility
equipment including the preparation of project plans, schedules,
budgets and proposals.
- Troubleshoot--issues with the Rockwell Systems - SCADA, MES,
Batch, PLCs, VFDs and Servos, IO and Safety Devices.
- Be proficient--in Software Development - PLC programming, IO
Configuration, SCADA/HMI programming and computer communication
systems and network protocols - Ethernet, ControlNet,
- Prepare--system integration plans, system specification, and
factory and site acceptance test documents - System Architecture
drawings, wiring diagrams, P&IDs, Equipment Tags List,
Configurations, HMI screens, and a detailed bill of materials.
- Work with management to establish schedules and methods for
providing services; identifying resource needs; reviewing needs
with appropriate management staff; allocating resources
accordingly, effectively communicating action plans/repairs
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures;
monitoring work activities to ensure compliance with established
policies and procedures; making recommendations for changes and
improvements to existing standards and proceduresRequirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Computer, Systems Engineering
or a related field--
- 5+ years' experience working in an industrial controls
- Experience with Rockwell Allen Bradley PLC programming (AB
ControlLogix/Compactlogix/SLC 500/RSLogix 5000, Studio 5000,
RSLogix 500) and--Asset Center, MES Production Center and Factory
- Experience with HMI development - Factory Talk View SE/ME,
- Communication experience including RS232, RS485, fiber optic,
serial, Controlnet, Devicenet & Ethernet Protocols (IP addressing
- Understanding of controls architecture and networking
(ControlNet, DeviceNet, Ethernet) and process controls.
- Understanding and experience in industrial electrical control
systems, servos, machine and systems architecture and
troubleshooting of equipment.
- Understanding and experience for applicable NFPA, NEC, ANSI and
GMP standards. Ex: NFPA 79, NFPA 70, B11TR3, etc.
- Above average skills in safety requirements; design, electrical
safety standards including risk assessment and circuit validation,
functionalityExperience with server operating systems and
virtualization including VMware vSphere, Windows Server 2008 and
2012.Experience using 2D Electrical schematic software to draft
various design documents.--AutoCAD or AutoCAD Electrical is
Keywords: Cameron Craig Group, Schenectady , Controls Engineer, Engineering , Schenectady, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!