Quality Production Engineer
Company: General Electric
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job Description SummaryProduct quality review associated with
the manufacturing process. Responsible for departmental operations
planning/execution or is focused on execution of professional
activities within a technical discipline. Functions with some
autonomy but guided by established policies or review of end
results.The job allows modification of procedures and practices
covering work as long as the end results meet standards of
acceptability (quality, volume, timeliness etc.).Job
DescriptionEssential ResponsibilitiesThe Quality Process Engineer
- Functionally own all aspects of Quality including but not
- Development of Quality planning for each Customer unit.
- Perform Challenge Reviews for each Services Repair order.
- Quality defect documentation and issue resolution.
- Track and trend Quality defects, and lead projects to reduce or
- Final Quality documentation package completeness for NU and
- Maintain both Quality Assurance and Quality Control of
products, manufacturing processes and sourced components within the
Cell. Maintain all process documentation and Methods..
- Be accountable for all Cell Quality KPIs (Severe Events,
Escapes, and CoPQ), and develop strategies for improvement. Provide
the Quality updates at all Cell QMRs and reviews.
- Proficient use of Quality systems (Power Now, Fiori, eSMS,
- Participate in Root Cause investigations and develop Corrective
and Preventative Actions for identified Quality issues (using HOPs,
RCAs, and PSRs).
- Perform Internal Audits, and document and resolve Audit
findings. Represent Cell during ISO 9001 and AS 9100 Audits.
- Act as the liaison between the Factory and Sourcing,
Engineering, and Customer representatives to quickly resolve
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or
a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience
in Manufacturing or Quality OR 4 years of military
- 3 years of Manufacturing or Quality experience.Eligibility
- This position is 100% onsite in Schenectady, NY
- Must be legally authorized to work in the USA without
sponsorship now or in the future
- 1st Shift position but ability / flexibility to work varied
hours as needed to support 3-shift operation.
- No relocation availableDesired Characteristics
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn.
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor,
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work,
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker,
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing
processes, critical thinker.
- Strong understanding of QMS, ISO 9001, and AS 9100.
- Methodical thought process with acute attention to
detail.Additional InformationGE offers a great work environment,
professional development, challenging careers, and competitive
compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer
. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran
status or other characteristics protected by law.GE will only
employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United
States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned
upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as
applicable).Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Keywords: General Electric, Schenectady , Quality Production Engineer, Engineering , Schenectady, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!