Environmental Engineer - Waste Water
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: January 5, 2021
Wastewater Operations and Regulatory Support:
- Support the EHS Manager in fostering Corporate and site efforts
to maintain and enhance environmental compliance and integrate
those efforts in promoting business opportunities.
- Support plant engineering in troubleshooting of problems that
directly affect the Environmental Program and WWTP
- Assist in assuring that the necessary WWTP operating permits,
governmental surveys and appropriate documentation be completed in
an accurate manner and be filed on a timely basis.
- Provide WWTP regulatory and technical support to maintain
accurate records and documentation to assist in inspections and
training activities as required.
- Plan, coordinate and execute WWTP outages and routine tank
cleaning/maintenance work evolutions to ensure safe, compliant and
- Review and monitor WWTP process control parameters and provide
operating instructions and adjustments to operators to ensure
robust and compliant treatment operations.
- Ensure wastewater budgets are managed and costs are controlled
to meet corporate guidelines.
- Continuously identify areas for potential improvement, or
alternative solutions to business challenges within the department
and the site. Seek to improve the use of resources, methods and
tools used to conduct work activities to make them more streamlined
- Reduce the injury rates on the site, striving for zero
- Reduce the number and severity of spills on the site, striving
for zero spills.Environmental Program Management:
- Participate in regulatory audits as they relate to wastewater
and waste compliance issues.
- Participate in incident investigations related to WWTP
incidents (spills, injuries, near misses, permit exceedances).
- Provide regulatory and technical support as required for
wastewater treatment processes at the site..
- Support plant engineering in completing WWTP capital projects
on time, on budget and with no non-compliances.
- Work with WWTP and Site Maintenance to execute the WWTP PM
program, provide technical support of program objectives.
- Cultivate a more highly skilled, motivated, and effective
- Manage employee performance, motivating the workforce, provide
day to day direction and assignment.
- Manage union-related issues, ensuring contract compliance,
effective use of resources and resolution of grievance issues.New
Product Introduction and development:
- Support production when new products are introduced to the
plant using available technology to determine ultimate treatability
- Ensure all production related effluent complies with regulatory
- On-going enhancement of quantitative and analytical skills to
apply to wastewater and waste challenges.
- Master the use of software that may be applied in the
collection, analysis and communication of daily wastewater
- Stay current on growing technology to ensure the wastewater
plant grows with the everchanging environment
Requirements:Qualifications Education and Experience
- BS Degree, Engineering or Science
- Four to six years of experience in wastewater treatment and
- Strong analytical, strategic, organizational, reporting,
presentation, and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of hazardous waste regulations and managementSpecific
Functional Competency Requirements
- Support the EHS Manager in carrying out assigned programs
necessary to satisfy both long and short-term regulatory demands
placed on the Corporation and site.
- Aid in regulatory and environmental matters to ensure legal
- Thorough knowledge of all Federal, State and Local regulations,
which are pertinent to work assignments.
- Navigate ambiguity, set priorities, manage risks and change and
allocate resources to enhance an operational excellence
- Communication - Excellent communication skills, both verbal and
written, convey information effectively.
- Manage the allocation of resources to meet the goals and
priorities the plant. .
Keywords: Job Juncture, Schenectady , Environmental Engineer - Waste Water, Engineering , Schenectady, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!