Associate Financial Advisor - First New York Federal Credit Union
Company: CUNA Mutual
Posted on: October 10, 2019
First New York Federal Credit Union and CUNA Brokerage Services
Inc. (CBSI) are excited to be adding an Associate Financial Advisor
(AFA) to our team. Our teaming environment supports our Associate
Financial Advisors through coaching and mentoring, a book of
business, and a base salary plus incentive plan, providing a secure
environment to build your business.
The Associate Financial Advisor primarily focuses on helping credit
union members assess and meet the core financial needs of growth,
income, protection and legacy. They will also partner with credit
union employees to help credit union members meet the other two
core financial needs of cash management and credit. As a member of
a financial advisor team, AFAs will focus on adding new credit
union members to the CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. (CBSI) book of
business and on working with existing CBSI members. Typically, they
will work a segment of the team's book of business, covering a
territory of the credit union such as certain branches, departments
Alignment with credit union and CBSI mission & culture will also be
very important for success. The AFA position is designed to allow
high potential candidates to enter the
brokerage/insurance/investment advice business and develop under
the leadership and coaching of their lead financial advisor (LFA).
This position also brings additional capacity to the advisor team
to serve more credit union members across the six core financial
needs. Based on performance and opportunity, there is potential for
career advancement to include that of LFA.
- Gain full understanding of credit union members financial and
personal goals and put the customer needs first while working with
them to Identify, execute and follow up on opportunities to gather
additional client assets.
- Meet and profile prospective clients, review investment goals,
prepare presentations, recommend investment products, follow up on
client contacts, and help customers meet their needs through the
sale of investment and securities products.
- Build strong relationships with members within the credit
union, profile and execute on new business, effectively work an
existing book of business, assess member needs and recommend the
right combination of products and solutions by consistently using
the prescribed sales process.
- Adhere to all FINRA and insurance rules and regulations, as
well as to all company policies.
- Achieve sales and revenue goals and meet certain professional
growth and development goals.
- Organize and assist with the delivery of branch seminars and
ensure appropriate follow-up from these events.
- Participate in execution of local marketing development
- Responsible for maintaining existing client relationships and
following up with clients to manage future investment needs.
The above statement of duties is not intended to be all inclusive
and other duties will be assigned from time to time.
- FINRA Series 6, 63 registrations required; IAR (65/66 or
appropriate designation) required or ability to obtain within 6
months; FINRA Series 7 preferred
- Life/health and variable insurance licenses
- Three years financial services sales & service experience
- Strong people, sales and relationship skills
- Proven oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter eager to develop and expand knowledge
- For individuals new to this role:
- Have a satisfactory background check and securities
registration with our licensed broker-dealer and/or verify all
required insurance licensing.
- Have all outside business activity reviewed to ensure no
conflicts of interest exist and applicable regulatory requirements
#LI-EVCUNA Mutual Group's insurance, retirement and investment
products provide financial security and protection to credit unions
and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we
strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and
defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we
offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages,
significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be
rewarded.Please provide your Work Experience and Education or
attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this
information may be removed from consideration.
Keywords: CUNA Mutual, Schenectady , Associate Financial Advisor - First New York Federal Credit Union, Accounting, Auditing , Schenectady, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!